Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Bratislava Penthouse

This week I was back in Bratislava.  Not a big surprise.  Sometimes I feel that I spend more time in Bratislava than I do at home in Brno.  Heck, I'm here so often that I know in Slovak the city's nickname is Blava.  Short for Bratislava.

Since July the city has been crazy busy and there is lots of security everywhere.  That's because from July until the end of December, Slovakia holds the presidency of the European Union.  Every six months it rotates to a different country.

Here's the logo for the Slovak EU presidency.  The three diacritics that make up the logo's happy face are the three different accent marks used in the Slovak language.  Pretty clever.

This week I had to attend a workshop.  The problem has been that getting a hotel room in town has been very tough due to all of the extra people here for the six month term.  So rather than stay at the Sheraton where I normally do, next to the office, this time I rented a studio flat.  I'm going to have to do this again.

The flat is practically next door to the office, I don't feel like I'm stuck in a hotel room, and at €50 a night it is much cheaper than staying at the Sheraton.
Plus it has a little penthouse vibe to it.  I'm sure that the travel department will give me a hassle for getting something on booking.com but I'll deal with that later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment